Friday, April 20, 2012

Personal Responsibility

   Personal Responsibility is taking responsibility for your actions, accepting the consequences that come from those actions and understanding that what you do impacts those around you. A lot of the time, people don't take full responsibility for things they have done. In other cases, one may take full blame for something, even though it wasn't there fault.
   If something bad happens when a person is involved in it, then they bear some type of responsibility. For example,when I was younger, I was always in charge of the younger kids, and what happens when they are in my care. To me it wasn't fare because the children i watched were reckless. They always trashed the house and broke things. At first I thought "why is it MY fault that they ruined everything?" After a while I realized that I had to take full responsibility in what had happened because I was in charge of them and it could have been avoided if I had watched them more carefully.
   Some cannot accept the fact that some situations are their fault. They may sometimes use excuses like"I am the way I am, and I'm not changing." Basically saying that they're always right. It takes a lot to acknowledge the fact that everyone makes mistakes and you can't blame it all on other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment